Friday, January 11, 2013

Spring or Something Like It

Every time someone mentions spring in January I have to laugh. While other states get a major change in season, we get sludge, cold, and clouds for two to three more months. While I get photos on my facebook news feed of out of state friends wearing dresses and light jackets and sporting light tans and sun hats, I am scraping ice off my windshield in my hunters and wool mittens.

This doesn't have to put a damper on spring style, if anything this weather makes spring looks more innovative and creative. My personal favorites are when I see bold layers and loads of accessories. With the fall '12 trends taking advantage of opulence, romantic lace, and deep jewel tones, I'm seeing a contrasting presence of light, flirty, girly layers with accents of jailbird stripes, heirloom lace and vintage-inspired accessories.




This look from Free People's January catalog is a great example. I LOVE the long floral slip under the stripes. The only thing this needs to become "Wisconsin Spring" appropriate is some great combat boots and a denim jacket.


http://www.freepeople.com/alicia-maxi-slip/_/cmCategoryID/8a61524b-907c-474c-ab37-f357c9ae11e3/



No comments:

Post a Comment